This is a one pot meal. The Instant Pot is great for making spaghetti and sauce meals so why not add fresh vegetables? Here’s my experiment.
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 cups chopped and peeled eggplant
- 1 cup chopped zuccinni
- 1/4 chopped red or green pepper (or both)
- 1 square of frozen chopped spinach (that’s about a cup frozen or cooked)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Italian Seasoning to taste (I put about 1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 can of diced tomatoes (400 mg/14 oz)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup pasta
- 1 bay leaf
- parmesean, salt, pepper to taste
Cook the ground turkey in oil on sauté (about 10 minutes). Push the ground meat aside, add a little more oil or liquid if necessary to deglaze the pot, saute the garlic for a minute then add the chopped vegetables and sauté for 3 or 4 minutes just to soften. Add the spices, liquids and pasta. Cook manual on high for 8 minutes. NPR for 4 minutes.
Note: This is all approximate because it really is to taste – adjust the liquids if you want soupier or drier; also the time should be adjusted depending on the type of pasta and how soft you want it. Basic thing is 2 cups liquid to 1 cup pasta, in general it’s 8 minutes manual to cook. I put longer because I was using macaroni and I need to make it on the soft side so when I did 10 minutes it was very soft – 8 is better.