I don’t have a picture, it was an experiment but I will be doing this again!
- 1 kg / 2.2 lb ground chicken, turkey or beef (I use chicken)
- one onion, chopped
- tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup chicken (or beef) bone broth
- 2 tbsp concentrated chicken broth
- Tex-Mex spice to taste (I put about 2 tbsp)
- olive oil
- large can of diced or blended stewed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- small can of creamed corn
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 2 slices of chopped raw bacon
- 1 cup of cooked red beans
- Put the instant pot on saute, pour enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan. When hot, place ground meat in the pot and stir until brown. Remove from pan. Put pepper, salt and Tex-Mex spice on top of the meat.
- Add a little more olive oil (just enough to make sure its not dry) to the pan and when hot put in the garlic, onions and cut up bacon slices in pan to brown.
- While it’s cooking put the bone broth and chicken broth concentrate in a measuring cup.
- When the onions etc are browned, push to the side and pour about half a cup of the broth or diced tomato juice in the pan and deglaze (scrub off any brown spots with your plastic stirer). Add the rest of the broth, the stewed tomatoes, meat, red beans, the can of creamed corn, then top with the tomato paste (it goes on top so it doesn’t burn on the bottom of the pan).
- Set the pot for 20 minutes manual.
- While this is cooking, cook rice or macaroni if you wish as a base for the chili. I like either – tonight I made rice.
- NPR about 10 minutes. Release.
- Pour over your favorite base or just plain in a bowl. Top with shredded Nacho cheese to taste.